New Year, New Baby on the Way, New You?
Fit pregnancy New Year Resolutions!
It's that time of year again when good resolutions about shedding the Christmas pounds and embarking on a positive exercise regime are top of everyone's agenda…..and Mammas-to-be are no exception!
Share our Top Ten New Year FittaMamma Fitness thoughts for Mammas-to-be and make YOUR fit pregnancy pledge today!
Make healthy lifestyle choices for both of you! Now you're pregnant you're keeping fit for your baby too.
It's easy to pile on unwanted pounds when you're pregnant – but not so easy to shift them afterwards. Eating for two doesn't mean eating twice as much! Whilst a weight loss diet when pregnant is not recommended if you've over indulged over Christmas your healthy pregnancy diet during January will help combat too many festive mince pies.
- Giving birth is a physically demanding experience. Your strength and fitness will help you to prepare for labour - let's face it, you wouldn't enter a marathon without boosting your fitness levels!
- Exercise will help you to maintain a healthy weight gain during pregnancy and keep your body toned as your bump gets bigger. Looking good helps you to feel good about yourself as your body changes.
- Feeling that post-Christmas slump? Lots of people (pregnant or otherwise) feel down in the dumps in January. Your pregnancy workout will release feel-good endorphins and help to boost your mood.
- Too many late nights over Christmas can disrupt your sleep patterns. Exercise can help work off excess energy and encourage your body to feel more relaxed, making for a more restful sleep at night.
- If you're joining the January rush to sign up for a gym, choose one that offers pregnancy exercise sessions, pregnancy Pilates or prenatal yoga. Regular workouts with other Mammas-to-be will keep you inspired.
- Treat yourself to stylish maternity fitnesswear – looking good when you work out is a great confidence boost. FittaMamma maternity fitnesswear lifts, holds and supports to make any pregnancy activity secure and comfortable.
- Pregnancy yoga is great for stretching and toning your body whilst the breathing and relaxation techniques are a real bonus when you give birth.
- If you're not sure how to get started, check out all our exercise tips for Mammas-to-be, workout suggestions and healthy eating ideas to kick start your New Year.
- Whether it's your first time or if you already have children, pregnancy is an ideal time to make positive lifestyle choices for you and your family so jump on the New Year Resolution bandwagon for exercise and healthy eating!
Need inspiration to get you started? Download your Fit Pregnancy Pledge checklist and make your resolutions now!!! We will also keep you updated with healthy & wellbeing tips throughout your pregnancy!